實 (radical 40 宀+11, 14 strokes, cangjie input 十田十金 (JWJC), four-corner 30806, composition ⿱宀貫)
- KangXi: page 291, character 4
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 7294
- Dae Jaweon: page 575, character 7
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 2, page 952, character 3
- Unihan data for U+5BE6
Ideogrammic compound (會意): 宀 (“roof”) + 周 (“full”) + 貝 (“treasure”).
The two lower components of 周 and 貝 had combined to form 貫 (OC *koːn, *koːns, “string of cowries”), hence the incorrect analysis in Shuowen Jiezi of this character as 宀 + 貫.
- cha̍t - vernacular;
- si̍t - literary.
- real; true
- 事實 / 事实 ― shìshí ― truth
- fruit (literal or figurative)
- 果實 / 果实 ― guǒshí ― fruit
- (Cantonese) surely; undoubtedly; definitely
- (Cantonese: surely): 肯定 (kěndìng), 一定 (yīdìng)
(“Jinmeiyō” kanji used for names, kyūjitai kanji, shinjitai form 実)
實 • (sil) (hangeul 실, revised sil, McCune-Reischauer sil)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text