は (romaji ha)
- The hiragana syllable は (ha). Its equivalent in katakana is ハ (ha). It is the twenty-sixth syllable in the gojūon order; its position is は行あ段 (ha-gyō a-dan, “row ha, section a”).
- (Hiragana) 平仮名; あぁ, いぃ, うぅゔ, えぇ, おぉ, かゕが, きぎ, くぐ, けゖげ, こご, さざ, しじ, すず, せぜ, そぞ, ただ, ちぢ, つっづ, てで, とど, な, に, ぬ, ね, の, はばぱ, ひびぴ, ふぶぷ, へべぺ, ほぼぽ, ま, み, む, め, も, やゃ, ゆゅ, よょ, ら, り, る, れ, ろ, わゎ, ゐ, ゑ, を, ん, ー, ゝ, ゞ, ゟ
/pa/ → /ɸa/ → /wa/
は (rōmaji wa)
- a particle that acts as a topic marker
- Inserted between て (te) and a negative suffix for emphasis.
- (preceded by a verb in the continuative form and followed by しない) This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text
- Synonym: や (ya)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text
- arawarete wa kieta
- disappeared as soon as it appeared
Note that English has no direct counterpart. For illustrative purposes, it may be translated as "as for" or a similar phrase. For example, "As for this, it is a dog". This often does not produce very natural English, however.
- が (ga): the subject marker
- は as a Japanese topic marker on Wikipedia
The reading of various kanji terms.
は (rōmaji ha)
- 羽: feather
- 葉: leaf
- 歯: tooth
- 端: edge
- 刃: blade edge
- 翳: (historical) in ancient times, a kind of fan used by servants to shield the face of nobles
- 派: group, faction, sect
- 破: (music) a slower break or section in the middle of a piece of gagaku music
- 覇: supremacy, hegemony