Jump to navigation Jump to search
- KangXi: page 1269, character 14
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 39319
- Dae Jaweon: page 1768, character 4
- Hanyu Da Zidian (first edition): volume 6, page 3758, character 4
- Unihan data for U+90AA
|simp. and trad.
|alternative forms||衺 “evil; strange; tilted”|
𧘪 “evil; strange; tilted”
耶 “evil; strange; tilted; particle”
|Historical forms of the character 邪|
|Shuowen Jiezi (compiled in Han)|
|Small seal script|
The semantic component suggests that this character was originally used in a place name, which Shuowen suggests to be 琅邪. It was later borrowed for other meanings, the most prominent being “wrong; evil” (originally written as 衺).
- wrong; evil; depraved; vicious; perverse; heterodox
- unnatural; strange
- disaster; calamity
- (traditional Chinese medicine) unwholesome environmental factor; pathogenetic factor
- † Alternative form of 斜 (xié, “tilted; inclined”).
- (～母) (Chinese linguistics) the Middle Chinese initial of 邪 () jia
Derived terms from 邪
- † Alternative form of 耶 (yé, “sentence-final interrogative particle”).
- † The chant of labourers used for synchronized pulling, lifting, etc., similar to heigh-ho.
- † Alternative form of 徐 (xú, “slow”).
- † Alternative form of 餘／余 (yú, “remainder; remaining days”).
- Go-on: じゃ (ja, Jōyō)←じや (zya, historical); や (ya)
- Kan-on: しゃ (sha); や (ya)
- Kun: か (ka, 邪); よこしま (yokoshima, 邪)
- (evil): 奸
- cunning, sly, crafty, artful
- dislocated, out of joint, out of step, out of line
- deceive, cheat, trick, fool, swindle
- crooked, askew, slanted
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text